Re: wire sculpture/nylon

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 16:34:36 PDT

I absolutely love doing the pantyhose sculptures with
my middle schoolers, and I've recently added a twist.
They have to base their sculpture on one element. I
put slips of paper with an element on each one inside
of balloons.
When they got to class they had to blow them up, tie
them, bop them around the room, catch one, and pop it
to see which element they had. We looked at pictures
of nonobjective sculpture and tried to guess what the
inspiration was, and it was interesting to compare
their answers. We discussed ways that the "value"
people could show value, the texture people could show
texture, and so on. Their eyes were wide and glued on
me the whole time. It was great. I am really looking
forward to these sculptures! Thanks Bunki and
Carolyn!!!

Jayna