Re: I'd love you to share......

---------

From: sbacon (sbacon_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 16:14:14 PDT

> The key to happiness, or I should say, to being at peace with
> yourself, is to decide how you REALLY want to spend your time, and go
> for it! Don't waste it worrying about what you shouda, coulda be
> doing.
>
> Each of us has our own priorities, so I never judge how someone spends
> his/her life, as we all do, or we all should do, what we feel is
> important to us.... The problem of guilt arises when we are involved
> in activities that we don't feel are our priorities.
>
> So, my friend, Sandy, as well as others, I would like to suggest
> setting a goal or make a decision as to how you really want to spend
> your free time, and , if life affords you the opportunity- seize the
> moment- go for it! Make sure what you are doing is what you really
> want to do, and don't feel guilty for not doing the rest!

Susan, Oh Wise One!

I know you are right. That word "prioritize" IS the key word. So much
of my life as we have learned chatting back and forth, is parallel to
yours in many ways. (I have those same boxes of pictures and albums!)

My husband and I made the decision that I would stay home and raise the
kids -- our priority, and mothering the most important job I've ever
had. I have also worn many different hats along the way to the
present, some to make ends meet and others because I wanted to give it a
try. Most things I do I have to give it 150% , or why do it, I ask
myself?

But, I know you are right. Whenever I pick up my colored pencils, pens
and ink, watercolors, I always say to myself or my husband, "Why don't I
do this all the time? It's like getting together with an old friend, so
much fun and I feel good when I do it!" His reply is always the same,
"San, you say it everytime you do artwork, you're the only one that can
decide when to do it." I'm sure I see him roll his eyes!

So, I resolve to pack up all my goodies, move to the boat this summer
and make it my summer to do what I want...no looking back and no guilt!
Of course, I may have to e-mail you and the list once in awhile for
support!

Thanks, Susan, you are dear.

Sandy

---