measuring art teacher excellence

---------

From: Cindi Hiers (suwanneecrew_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 08:50:07 PDT

Hello, the art department in our county has been asked
to present to the school board a means to measure
excellence in the area of art(the idea is to reward
good art teachers). Our art coordinator called a
meeting to discuss this issue and only 3 teachers
showed (18 total). I had my ideas/input, and I was
wondering if any of you have had to develop a plan
similar to this one and would be willing to share it.
This is such a broad (almost immeasurable) concept
when it comes to art that I find myself going on and
on then jumping off track into another aspect when I
write about it. I am afraid that once again art will
go unrecognized (yet they cry for us to help teach
across the curriculum)if we can't document that "magic
formula" we artists keep in our back pockets and bring
out free of charge when asked. HA
Thanks cyber pals, Cindi