Re: AP Studio Art

---------

From: Judie (judiej50_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 01 2002 - 03:18:46 PDT

Christa, thanks for sharing your idea for the ceramic tile. I'm at the end
of one of the most taxing years with my AP students--senioritis began in
September and has gotten worse as the year progressed. Keeping them
motivated has been a real challenge.

Ending the year with a ceramic tile is a great idea!

Judie

>>Becky in NC Do you do something special to keep the
>>students motivated? Thanks for the input!
>
>Wow! doing something special would be way nicer than I am...
>
>I guess we do put up "Senior Shows." Since all the work is gathered, I
>have students fill the showcases with the work so that it is on display for
>graduation. Sometimes they each get a case, sometimes they share. Sometimes
>the athletic department empties the trophy cases to make room for us. They
>enjoy being the ones to do the display instead of me all the time.
>
>I also have them make a 6" x 6" ceramic tile that they leave behind. We
>attach it to the "wall of fame" in the art room. I usually revolves around
>the same theme as the concentration and has the student's name and year of
>graduation. This exercise can also be a senior exam if necessary. I have
>them work in red clay and fire all with a clear glaze.
>
>Christa

---