art award ideas

---------

From: Jeannie Sandoval (jensando_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 15 2001 - 08:25:48 PDT

Last year we had a thread about giving out awards....
I thought I would repost some of the ones we all came
up with. I used these last year and it was a winner
with the kids and my faculty. "You are so imaginative"
I was told. hehe I can't take the credit but I get to
have the glory of using it at my school. :) Have a
great day friends!!
jeannie in ga

The David Hockney Award for best in drawing

The Vincent Van Gogh award for the best in use of
color to express emotions

The Ansel Adams Photography award for best in pinhole
photography

The Monet award for the best use of color

The Kandinsky award for best in imaginative work

The Georgia O’Keefe award for the best in choice of
subject matter

The Louise Nevelson award for the Best in sculpture

The Jacob Lawrence award for best in printmaking

Leonardo da Vinci award for the most inventive

The Roy Lichenstein award for most graphic

Jackson Pollock award for the most active in the
classroom (messiest)

Hokusai award for best nature and water depiction

Maria Montoya Martinez for best clay vessel