Re: ceramic kiln venting systems

From: WRapf
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 17:41:35 PDT

    The best and most simple kiln vents for electic kilns seem to me to be the
    Orton Kiln down draft. No hoods, just a simple suction device that attaches
    to the bottom of the kiln and exhausts through a 4" metal dryer type hose out
    a window or through a drier type vent hole in an exterior wall. Simple to
    install, extremely effective, and causes the electric kiln to heat more
    evenly top to bottom. Because of the slight negative pressure inside the
    kiln, noxious gases can only escape through the bottom into the vent and not
    out the cracks between sections, or the lid.

    Bill R.

    ---