sketchbook rubric/criteria list

From: whimscal
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 17:45:35 PDT

    Hi...
    It has taken me a couple of days to respond to the requests I have gotten
    about the rubric for sketchbooks. Actually it is more a list of criteria
    for the assignment since I do a pass/fail grade on this type of work.
    I found if I do the list they get more involved in the work and the quality
    goes up.
    Example:

    Draw an alien landscape by including the following:

    1. Some type of strange land where the foliage and rock formations are
    unsual shapes or colors.
    2. At least one alien which is humaniod in nature.
    3. At least one alien pet.
    4. A vehicle to move about the planet.
    5. Some kind of structure
    6. At least 5 other objects in the picture.
    7. You may do more but not less than the above requirements.

    If I give number amounts I always put the number in odd terms.

    If it were for art work there would be three grading levels with different
    amounts of requirements.

    I hope this is what you wanted.

    ---