Re: ceramic kiln venting systems

From: gregjuli
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 15:19:11 PDT

    Karen
    We had a vent hood . I hated it. After years of arguing with our principal
    about fumes and health concerns( and you should be concerned about your
    health!!), I just had to mention OSHA and we were on our way to a new kiln
    vent. Even though he took art funds that were supplies not repairs, I'm glad
    we did it. But I love our current venting system. It draws air through the
    bottom. There are three small holes drilled through the lid of the kiln.
    Not sure of the name, but no more fumes or stupid hood.
    MaryB

    Karen Pitcher wrote:

    > I have been arguing with my administrators for years that our simple
    > ceiling vent was not adequate for our kiln room. I finally have my
    > building's administratorís attention. We have two kilns and I am trying to
    > find out which vents are better suited for my room.

    ---