Interviewing

From: Patricia Knott (pknott)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 13:22:37 PDT

    A VERY GOOD LUCK LUCK TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE INTERVIEWING FOR ART JOBS.

    As department coordinator, I sit in on interviews. I am anxious to see a
    portfolio, not only of the candidates own work but what the candidate has
    done with students. One of the questions I always ask is "what is your most
    successful lessons and why?" I t helps to see evidence. I'm often taken
    aback by how many prospects come to an interview with nothing to show for
    what they have done, even if it is only their student teaching. This is a
    visual job. I want to see examples.

    Know the National Standards, call the district before hand and find out
    what their standards and goals and objectives are, and don't be afraid to
    question the interviewer. Show some
    "moxie."

    Again, good luck

    Patty