RE: Illinois Art Jobs

From: Dennis Morris (theartboss)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 04:18:29 PDT

    Patricia,
    Most school districts offer junior high/middle school
    art and high School art. A real big problem is when
    school districts have financial problems. They
    usually cut art programs first. The State of Illinois
    wants all districts to have standards similar to those
    adopted by the state. We, art teachers, continue to
    hope the State will include art in the State Testing
    programs. Currently we are attached to the 4th grade
    State wide assessment in Social Studies.
    We have the very rich and very poor districts so art
    offerings vary greatly.