"artist in residence"-definition?

From: sharonbk
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 04:05:50 PDT

    Can anyone tell me exactly what it means to be an "artist in residence"?

    I was listed that way on my school's new promotional video (a decision made by the director of admissions since he knows I'm a professional artist as well as a teacher), but I'm not sure if that's right--though I doubt if they'll edit the video to change it, if it's not right!

    Thanks--

    Sharon
    EMAIL: artrageous
    AIM: SKBK56, ArtrageousSBK, & others