Re: Virus?

From: dj (djash)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 19:27:40 PDT

    Kimberly Herbert wrote: I think this attachment tried to open itself.

    It was explained to me like this: if you use Microsoft Outlook, it
    automatically opens attachments when you open e-mail. That's the default
    setting. That's why so many coputers got infected so fast with the 'I Love
    You' virus. Microsoft is now making updates to ask you when you install their
    software if you want to auto open or manual open. The auto open is one of the
    things Microsoft has been racked over the coals for the last few weeks with
    all this virus stuff getting out of hand.
    Donna

    ---