Re: Pack-ratting

From: Moonbeargj
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 18:14:14 PDT

    I have about 20 years worth of Arts and Activities. About 3 years ago I
    developed my own system to help me locate the info in them. I make about 12
    copies of the table of contents. On one of the copies I write the subject or
    medium at the top right corner of a particular article I might like to find
    one day. Then I file that copy under that subject , medium, artist, etc.
    For instance, one article may prompt me to put one copy of the contents under
    fish and another one under papier mache. I carried old issues around with me
    in a tote bag until most of the back issues are done. Now I try to do this
    promptly with new issues. Same with School Arts.

    So if I need ideas on dinosaurs, I look in my file drawer for topics and pull
    out a folder full of sheets which tell me what magazines to look in to find
    articles that have anything to do with dinosaurs. I keep the magazines in
    those cardboard magazine holders ....one for each month.

    ---