Re: The future

From: Pablo90512
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 14:54:13 PDT

    Pay here in Texas is low....but our benefits stink! I have heard we are 50th
    in the nation for benefits. I will not get Social Security....and if I get
    some from my husband ...it will be reduced...I take out 20% of my meager
    wages and sock it away myself. My retirement from the district is really
    low...
    One of our subs is 90 years old...as much as I love teaching art...I think Oh
    heavens....I hope I don't have to sub when I am 90 years old.

    I am not even a week out of school, and I was at Sam's and picked up some
    books on Frank Lloyd Wright, Monet, and Ansel Adams for my classroom. I
    couldn't pass it up. I try and not spend for my room and supplies...but I do
    too. My former partner could squeeze a dollar. I am not at her level
    yet...but am working on it. I plan better, dole out less, and actively
    involved in committees that give money out. I also make sure the principal
    knows how grateful I am when she gives me money. I hadn't bought glazes in 6
    years....This year I I had enough in the storehouse to do. ( I never felt the
    kids suffered though)...but I told the principal....She really thought about
    it.
    Laurie

    ---