RE: Realities

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 06:20:40 PDT

    > I have simply reached a point where I think it
    > is time to think of me. And I have that right. I will feel no guilt!
    > Reatha

    Reatha,

    Of course you do. Sorry that I misunderstood the direction of your
    comments/question.

    I have always taught my children that it is their right to be educated, but
    it is a privilege to have a teacher, someone willing to take the time and
    make the effort to augment or assist in that education.

    This philosophy inherently entails the right of the teacher to withdraw that
    privilege (as it does also for the school and for society; if people wish to
    condemn themselves to ignorance, that is their decision. Darwin's Survival
    will quickly weed them out, and I have no pity for them when so much has
    been offered to them.

    You help the ones you can, and know when to pull away or out.

    But if this is a transient "burn-out", perhaps it would help to take some
    time to rejuvenate yourself and recharge your batteries. I know that this
    list helps me a lot even though I don't share much of what I do on the list.

    Larry

    ---