Info about TAPPED IN

From: Berquist (berquist)
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 02:49:16 PDT

    Subject: Re: This Week at TAPPED IN (May 29, 2000)
    From: aheinema-state.edu (Ann Heineman)
    Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 09:30:17 +0100

    Dear BJ Berquist,

            I have been intrigued by this program since I first saw
    your posts. To date I have not had any time to "tap in" because of the
    narrow
    time frame given for "broadcast."  Are any of these programs archived
    so I can retrieve them when I have the time to study them? Will this
    program continue into the summer? Would also like to get some feedback
    from others on the list who have used TAPPED IN.
            Thank you for keeping up the regular and timely posts, BJ.

                    Ann-on-y-mouse in Columbus

    Dear Ann,
    TAPPED IN (http://www.tappedin.org) is a 24/7 virtual online
    professional development community for educators.  There is usually a
    helpdesk person on from 8-8 PDT if you have questions (or you can email
    me). Yes, there are archived transcripts, but only members (membership
    is free) can retrieve transcripts.  I do a new to TAPPED IN session
    every Tuesday from 5:30-6:30pm EDT and every Saturday from 2-3pm EDT.

    TAPPED IN is a year round project  with a monthly calendar of events
    (http://www.tappedin.org/cgi-bin/calendar/calendar.cgi).  With over 8500
    members here are many human and virtual resources available.  There are
    several discussion groups, one of which may be of particular interest to
    the list (in addition to the ArtSites one that was posted) considering
    the recent thread.  A teacher from California and I lead an
    Alternative/Correctional Ed discussion group on the third Thursday of
    the month.  Discussions are held in real time, although TAPPED IN is not
    a chat room(it's a MUVE - multi user virtual environment).  If you want
    more info, please get in touch.  I subscribe to the digest, so if you're
    in a hurry for info, email me off-list.

    I also am curious about  feedback from others on the netters list who
    have visited TAPPED IN.

    Respectfully submitted,
    BJ Berquist
    Associate Educator, TAPPED IN