Re: frightening (kids who talk about sueing)

From: Batmom44
Date: Tue May 30 2000 - 02:32:00 PDT

    In a message dated 5/29/00 7:21:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
    jibundy writes:

    << I tell my students "Git Real" If you sue me and git everything I own you
     will still owe your attorney and have to pay him off. They laugh and decide
     to sue someone with assets. It's a bluff but it changes their attitude.

    You're right John. I usually tell mine the same thing. I even told a high
    school girl who wanted to beat me up back in 1969 all about my child being
    left an orphan, her time in jail, etc., etc., etc. We both ended up laughing.
    And of course I came away without any of the major injuries she could have
    easily inflicted on my used to be skinny self.
    Reatha

    ---