Educator Program-San Francisco, CA

From: Chelsea Pickslay (chelsea)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 22:40:46 PDT

    Upcoming Event in Northern California sponsored by Cultural
    Connections. Cultural Connections is a community of educators - from
    museums, zoos, aquaria, parks, historical organizations and nature
    centers - who inspire excellence and support progress in our
    individual
    and collective educational work.

    PROGRAM:
    What's controversial about the exhibition "Revealing Bodies?"
    Wednesday, June 14, 2000, 2:30-5:00 p.m. at The Exploratorium, San
    Francisco, California

    What is a controversial exhibition? Does it become controversial from
    within an institution or from the public?

    Join us as we hear how the Revealing Bodies exhibit team grappled
    with the issues surrounding the development and design of this PG-13
    exhibition. And hear how the public has responded since its opening
    in March.

    We recommend that program participants arrive at least one hour early
    to view the exhibition prior to the program. Please let staff know at
    the Admissions desk that you are attending the Cultural Connections
    Program.

    Program
    2:30-3:00 Networking and refreshments
    3:00-4:30 Presentation by Revealing Bodies Team
    4:30-5:00 Questions & Answers

      Program Fee Free for Cultural Connections members
                                    $10 for non-members

    RSVP 415-430-2169 x5733 or culturalconnections

      Location The Exploratorium, 3601 Lyon Street San Francisco, CA
    in the IFI classrooms
                            415-563-7337 www.exploratorium.edu
                            Free parking is available

    Check us out on the web at http://www.museum-ed.org/culturalconnections