Re: Memorial Day/flag rituals

From: Artemis420
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 21:51:30 PDT

    In a message dated 5/29/00 8:45:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
    heneborn writes:

    << I am not comfortable saying pledges or written prayers and can't fault
     anyone who doesn't relate to these rituals. These rituals are fine
     for good people who have studied the words and repeating the ritual
     connects them with the cause but this did not create the good person
     in the first place. Many very sick people are into pledging, saluting
     and, chanting (singing) to connect themselves to their cause. The
     rituals didn't cause them to be sick but it can keep them connected to
     the sickness. They are still sick with or without the rituals. Good,
     caring people are good and caring with and without the rituals.

    Absolutely agree. What is it that scoundrels do? Wrap themselves in the flag!
    Artie

    ---