Re: Gangs and Junior High Kids

From: BluesTruth
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 19:28:24 PDT

    Absolutely! The junior high student is ripe for a gang---the perfect age.
    If they get arrested, they won't be thrown in jail--they're too young, says
    the judge and the law! Usually what happens is that they send them back to
    the care of their loving (hah!) mothers. I have students who are very
    involved in their gangs--both girls and boys. It's almost impossible to
    reach them, much less teach and educate them. Their "family" (gang) comes
    first. A lot of my students have been arrested (several times) for armed
    robbery, car theft and prostitution. Their age? 13-15. They're back in
    school the next day. The gang leader knows this and exploits these young
    kids to the hilt.

    ---