RE: kids who talk about sueing

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 15:51:18 PDT

    This is not that new of a trend. When I was in HS, my parents wanted to meet
    with the Drill Team teacher. She insisted that my grade level principal be
    present at the meeting, because other parents had threatened her repeatedly
    with lawsuits. My parents’ reason for meeting with her – to explain in
    person that a post asthma-attack check-up had turned up a heart murmur and
    since I couldn’t participate in her class until after more medical test –
    they were scheduling the tests during her class. They wanted her to
    understand that this was not meant to be disrespectful to her class.

    The ironic part is that the asthma attack was a result of my being
    accidentally exposed to spray paint fumes in drama class followed by glue
    fumes from a repair job in the gym during our class. My parents only comment
    on that was that I should have told her I was feeling light headed and short
    of breath and that they and the Dr. had talked to me about the proper way to
    manage my asthma.

    Kimberly Herbert ( kimberly <kimberly> )
    CAM Administrator