Re: trick for drying clay without splitting

From: Christy Kane (claygoddess31)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 15:23:41 PDT

    Lisa,
    If you have any connections to a local hospital, ask them for the end rolls
    of surgical paper. It's some king of "space age" non tearing plastic paper.
    We use it when rolling slabs on the table tops. Sprinkle a little cornstarch
    on the surface if your clay is really wet. Kinda of like rolling out cookie
    dough. I really don't know what the "real" name of this paper is, I'll try
    and find out tomorrow. My teacher aide picked it up from a family member!
    Christy