painting fear/images of the goddess

From: sharonbk
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 14:58:19 PDT

    Interesting story about being drawn to goddess images. Same thing happened
    to me a few years ago. A really interesting book that I'm currently
    rereading is called
    "Chalice and the Blade" by Riane Eisler. It's definitely thought-provoking,
    and offers new interpretations of Neolithic art (i.e. they're not just
    "fertility" goddesses anymore!).

    In a whiz-bang coincidence a few years back, I purchased a small pewter
    goddess figure necklace. Actually bought it at a nearby theme park for
    about $10.

     A month or so later, being intrigued by the whole goddess phenomenon, I
    started reading some message boards on AOL and then began emailing with a
    woman who was very knowledgeable about goddess societies and art of earlier.

    ANYHOW, after a couple of WEEKS of emailing, I mentioned my little pewter
    necklace. She asked me to write back and describe it--and describe how it
    was packaged when I bought it.

    Well, you guessed it--the woman I'd been writing to was the creator of my
    necklace! (She did the original design and made some arrangement with the
    company that does the pewter casting. She receives royalties from the
    company, still has the right to the design, and mainly works in silver and
    gold.)

    With art and with life, sometimes we never really know where we're going
    until we get there.

    Sharon
    EMAIL: artrageous
    AIM: SKBK56, ArtrageousSBK, & others