Re: frightening (kids who talk about sueing)

From: Batmom44
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 14:42:35 PDT

    This is our third year as a school. In that time I have seen two teachers
    "gotten" on just the high school side. Nothing was proven, but their careers
    as teachers are over. One who was engaged at the time, is now married and in
    seminary school. The other is over in district office in the technology
    department. I guess what makes me really furious is that we, the teachers,
    are restricted from speaking of the situation. Of course we don't know any of
    the facts so we couldn't very well say much. The students however can say
    whatever they please about the teacher. And we have to just stand there and
    bite our tongues even tho we may know for a fact that they just uttered a
    complete lie. I think district wide that there were about 8 or 10 cases last
    year. This year has been pretty calm.

    ---