Re: frightening (kids who talk about sueing)

From: Janjarreau
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 12:48:32 PDT

    In a message dated 5/29/00 8:06:44 AM Central Daylight Time, Batmom44
    writes:

    << When all you have to do is touch a student
     on the arm to get their attention so that you can ask them a friendly
     question and they tell you that they could sue you for that, we have a
     problem. >>

    I barely brushed the arm of a student (lighter than a feather stroke) and he
    gave me a stare like you would not believe. The middle school classroom was
    so small you could hardly get around. I was bumped into constantly, but when
    it is the other way around; well~~~~~~~ I wonder if the parents lecture to
    the kids to watch out for any opportunity to sue. Just wondering.
        Another time some police dogs were doing a drill or something in the
    parking lot and an announcement came over that said to keep the students in
    the room. One student went out in the hall and looked out of the door. I
    told him to get back in the room. He said, "If the dog bites me, I will just
    sue."
    Janice

    ---