Re: Memorial Day (Patty)

From: Janjarreau
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 12:27:30 PDT

    In a message dated 5/29/00 5:50:38 AM Central Daylight Time, pknott
    writes:

    << the "old guys"
     with their hats over their hearts during the singing of the National Anthem,
     I wondered about what will happen when the WWII generation is gone. When I
     walk past classrooms during homeroom and see students that refuse to stand
     during the pledge of allegiance, let alone keep their mouths shut, I wonder.

    Patty,
        Thank you for the reminder and beautiful words. My dad fought in WWII
    and I called home this morning. It is scary how things have changed. Many
    for the better, but a lot for the worse. Take care. I think you need a well
    deserved break.
    Janice

    ---