MemorialDay-optimism

From: John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 10:39:48 PDT

    Patricia Knott wrote:

    > Dear Sandra,
    > Thanks for your reply.
    > Underneath all my skepticism I AM AN OPTIMIST. I truly believe in the power
    > of of love, and good over evil.
    > I pray that values ARE being taught, even when I don't see it.
    > Thanks again,
    > Patty
    (Patty I'm sending to list hope you don't mind.)- To clarify my
    intentions of last post.
    Well Patty I'm not very religious. Actually I have a lot of
    questions, too many to give into any one religion as the absolute.
    However my husband is, and he was brought up Lutheran and so are the
    kids. I believe that although I have questions the children need to
    have the seeds planted that there is a GOD and there is an absolute
    right and wrong. They actually don't know that I'm not very
    religious- to them I am MOM and I help out at school, substitute and
    teach art literacy for free. I believe especially in this day and
    age that they need to know God's love and when they grow up and
    learn other religions and philosophies than they will have the
    perspective and knowledge to reflect and decide for themselves. If
    they grow up without any rules and vague understanding of cause and
    effect or conscious than I fear that will harm them. It's not so
    much believing in religion but believing in something and knowing
    you are loved. There are a lot of kids out there without rules or
    boundaries and without LOVE.
    Sandra
    Remember Memorial Day: is honoring and remembering the war dead.
    astroboy

    ---