Memorial Day/flag

From: John & Sandra Barrick (astroboy)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 08:36:55 PDT

    Patricia Knott wrote:

    > Yesterday, as I watched the opening of the Indy 500, and saw the "old guys"
    > with their hats over their hearts during the singing of the National Anthem,
    > I wondered about what will happen when the WWII generation is gone. When I
    > walk past classrooms during homeroom and see students that refuse to stand
    > during the pledge of allegiance, let alone keep their mouths shut, I wonder.
    Not to worry,
            All this talk is quite bleak but I still am an optimist and believe
    that things will be all right in the end. As proof my sons go to a
    school where they have to stand and pledge- not only to the American
    flag but also they pledge to the Christian flag. There are schools
    all over this nation (big and small) which require it. They start in
    preschool and have morals, consequences, and learn to help fellow
    man. There is a senior center next door which they come in contact
    several times a week. Also the pastor is a three tour vietnam vet,
    who became a pastor after retiring from another profession. I
    believe there are small towns or communities where this is still
    relevant and will continue. So you see it is not as bleak as it may
    appear.
    Everyone needs a positive attitude and not let the evil/darkness
    seep into your minds or it will win.
    Sandra
    astroboy

    ---