Re: Memorial Day

From: gregjuli
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 07:34:28 PDT

    Thanks Patty for that wonderful reminder.
    Most young people and some adults seem to be oblivious to what our vets have
    done for our country.
    I was at a garden store last week when the vets were handing out their poppies .
    I was waiting foir someone, so watched as most people walked by and didn't
    acknowledge them at all. How Sad!
    MaryB

    Patricia Knott wrote:

    > Yesterday, as I watched the opening of the Indy 500, and saw the "old guys"
    > with their hats over their hearts during the singing of the National Anthem,
    > I wondered about what will happen when the WWII generation is gone. When I
    > walk past classrooms during homeroom and see students that refuse to stand
    > during the pledge of allegiance, let alone keep their mouths shut, I wonder.

    ---