Re: trick for drying clay without splitting

From: DtGaffney
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 06:15:36 PDT

    Let the clay dry slowly by covering with plastic it will dry slower. When I
    use slabs of clay, put through the roller, it is put into a long piece of
    canvas with another one sewn at one end, sort of an envelope. After it goes
    through you can easily put your hand under the canvas and turn over onto any
    surface like another peice of canvas. Make sure you are scoring those corners
    (on the frame) too to prevent cracking!

    Donna

    ---