Memorial Day

From: Patricia Knott (pknott)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 03:49:56 PDT

    Yesterday, as I watched the opening of the Indy 500, and saw the "old guys"
    with their hats over their hearts during the singing of the National Anthem,
    I wondered about what will happen when the WWII generation is gone. When I
    walk past classrooms during homeroom and see students that refuse to stand
    during the pledge of allegiance, let alone keep their mouths shut, I wonder.

    With all the recent posts about violence, and fear, and the lack of values,
    I wonder how we can ever turn this around. The events are so mind-boggling,
    where do begin?

    On this day when we honor those that have fallen defending the values that
    this country stands for, I know we will all also be thinking about the
    teachers who have been taken.

    If you are a parent, remind your children what today is about. If you have
    someone in your family that served his/her country, remember them .

    Have a good day

    Patty

    ---