AP ART

From: Patricia Knott (pknott)
Date: Mon May 29 2000 - 02:54:19 PDT

    I'm sorry if I painted a bleak picture of AP art. It wasn't my intention.
    Maybe it's because my mood is bleak. It's been a tough year - I had 23 in
    the class this year. I found it impossible to keep the level of work were it
    should be for this class.
    Each year it seems harder and harder to get the kids to work on their own.
    When I first started teaching AP I had many students who took classes on the
    outside or participated in the Saturday classes at schools in Philadelphia.
    Now, their jobs are more important.
    In my previous post I just wanted to stress how it important it is to have
    students that are serious about completing the requirements.

    I'm happy about the new regulations for 2002. I haven't studied it
    thoroughly yet, but it seems to be a little more open to different kinds of
    work.

    Ken - I commend you on being able to get so many students to complete the
    portfolio successfully. I wish I could do better.

    Patty

    ---