trick for drying clay without splitting

From: Lisa (Paintbar)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 20:53:33 PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I have not been very successful in drying my clay projects without them
    cracking before they are completely dry ( for example a picture frame with
    4 seperate strips top bottom and sides)? Also does anyone have any
    suggestions for rolling clay slabs then trying to remove them from the
    table, without ruining the slab? Does it work better if rolled on
    newspaper? Help! Thanks, Lisa

    ---