Re: Student Artwork! Pictures!

From: Janjarreau
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 20:42:56 PDT

    In a message dated 5/27/00 12:19:07 PM Central Daylight Time,
    astroboy writes:
     Janice these are first rate and I looked to see the faculty listing
     and you were not on it (Duh) oops student teacher. That's how impressive
    they turned out. My question. Did they collage and them go back in and paint
    or did they
     paint first then tear and collage? ...
     Thanks, Sandra

    Dear Sandra:
        Thanks! They painted long sheets of bulletin board paper with latex paint
    and hung the sheets to dry (with duct tape). Next tore them, wrinkled and
    scrunched the pieces and glued them onto double thickness of card board with
    wallpaper paste. Some students used black yarn for outlining and the
    Campbell soup groups used joint compound in a cake bag for the lettering. I
    had 29 groups and they doubled up on many of the images so I could keep a set
    and the co-op could keep a set. The average size was 3X5 feet.
    Janice
    <<
     Janjarreau wrote:
    > My co-op teacher put up my students work on their schools website. The
    > lesson was Handpainted Torn Paper Collage.
                                   Look under the section Art I Collage
     Paintings
      http://www.crosswinds.net/~nwrhsart/collagepainting.html
    > Janice Jarreau