Re: AP art

From: Bicyclken
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 20:03:19 PDT

    Dear Patty,

    You paint such a bleak picture of the A.P. course. I have been teaching this
    since 1986 and I have had many if not half 5's. I have a selected group of
    about a yearly average of 10 students. They use works from all four years of
    art with me. They begin on their concentration project in their senior year
    and work on the breadth section as we go. Many take more than one class in
    their senior year such as Art 4 and A.P. We have a good time and they work
    very very hard on their portfolio's.

    I hope that others will try to get involved with the A.P. course and next
    year will be even less complicated with less pieces due in the concentration
    and the elimination of sculpture in the 2-d part of the portfolio. You must
    contact them about the new regulations for 2002.

    Ken Schwab
    San Jose, CA

    ---