RE- painting fear

From: Christy Kane (claygoddess31)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 17:38:03 PDT

    Roberta.,
    I have all these wonderful visuals in my mind of your paintings! What I
    enjoyed the most was hearing where the inspiraton comes from. It's all so
    ingrained in our lives that sometimes we don't even realise it until later.
    Sometimes I feel like my work is a subconscious dream, forming itself as it
    goes. Only later does it truly reveal itself to me more. (Some times years
    later!)When I was in college, I did a series of sterling silver cast
    fertility goddesses in a jewelry class. I loved them, but I could never
    really actualize what it was I loved so much about them other than the forms
    (think of the VEnus of Willendorf put into the 1980's). I took a casting
    class this past summer (9 years later) and of course I was drawn again to
    doing another series of these goddesses. This time I really took myself on a
    journey of the "goddess" and what she meant to the societies she was honored
    in and how it applied to our lives in society today. What a trip!!! And now
    I have these great new little goddesses that I'm proud to wear.

    Christy