This Week at TAPPED IN (May 29, 2000)

From: Berquist (berquist)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 16:18:12 PDT

    After School Online is a TAPPED IN (http://www.tappedin.org) forum for
    educators.  The scheduled events on this Calendar are designed for
    professional development.   If you are new to TAPPED IN and would like
    to attend these ASO's, please login 10-15 minutes before the event is
    scheduled to begin.  This will allow us to get you where you need to be
    and teach you a few of the basic commands.

    Read descriptions of the events on this time-zone friendly calendar
    online at: http://www.tappedin.org/cgi-bin/calendar/calendar.cgi

    Thursday, June 1
    * ArtSites -Using the Internet in the Art Classroom
    4:30-5:30pm PDT/7:30-8:30pm EDT/23:30-00:30 GMT
    Overwhelmed by the wealth of resources available, and fearful that
    students will abuse the surfing privilege many teachers hesitate to turn

    to the WWW as a curriculum aid.  Working together educators can solve
    this dilemma and learn to harness the power of the Internet for
    themselves and their classrooms.  Join us as we take a look at some
    examples of resources.
    Saturday, June 3
    * New to TAPPED IN? Tours and Tips
    11:00am-12noon PDT/2:00-3:00pm EDT/20:00-21:00 GMT
    Join a TAPPED IN guide and explore the amazing environment of resources
    and discussion rooms. We'll start in Reception, stop for refreshments in

    the Cafe, visit the After School Online Room and take a look at the
    Partner Suites on the second floor.  Wear comfortable walking shoes.

    Respectfully submitted,
    BJ Berquist
    Associate Educator, TAPPED IN
    bjb