Re: frightening

From: gregjuli
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 16:09:00 PDT

    Yes Reatha , it is frightening. But I refuse to live in a shell. It isn't just
    schools. We've had violence at fast food restaurants, post offices ,office
    bulidings ( Atlanta) and malls.
    I can't help but think that our media is partly to blame. Yes , parents have the
    ultimate responsibility, but we can't be with our kids 24/7. They are bombarded
    with violence and sexual images constantly in tv and advertising.
    I wonder where all this lowering of values will lead us. Our Sunday newspaper
    carried an article about how it is just a matter of time that the "f" word will
    be in tv shows.
    The current picture isn't pretty.
    MaryB

    Batmom44 wrote:

    > There are some very frightening stories coming out on this list. A teacher
    > being written up for being stabbed. Another taking a vicious kicking to avoid
    > being arrested! Seminars and classes on how to defend yourself or what to do
    > if someone enters your building with a bomb or weapon.

    ---