self-defense

From: gregjuli
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 13:18:19 PDT

    I've been through Crisis Intervention Training in our district. It prepares us to
    defuse potential violent situation and protect ourselves. Bottom line we are told
    is protect yourself. The bit we learned on hair pulling was very
    interesting....never try to pull away if someone really has hold of your hair.
    Essentially you want your scalp to be close to the person's hand( with you hand on
    theirs)so they can' yank it from your scalp(OUCH!).
    Have any of you had this program at your school? what are you told about
    intervening?
    MaryB