Re: violence

From: gregjuli
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 13:12:53 PDT

    Pablo90512 wrote:..and I wonder what kind of system we are in

    > at times. We end up spending more money for a very private education for a
    > kid that will do it again....and again....The kids should have been locked up.
    > Laurie

    You are so right Laurie! What kind of system do we have indeed! As I stated
    earlier, It isn't just having laws but enforcing them. Look at the recent
    incident in New York where a man goes into Wendy's and shoot workers. This guy was
    out on bail cause the judge lowered the amount! How often have we read that
    people who ahve committed crimes have a been let out early or are on parole?
    I've grown up around guns my whole life being from a family of police officers.
    My husband's , an officer for many years, take on this is less guns. Where guns
    laws are stricter and enforced, the problem of guns and violence are lesser.
    Canada is one example. How foolish we must look to other nations!
    MaryB

    ---