violence

From: Pablo90512
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 12:07:41 PDT

    A few years ago, my friend was assulted in a Jr. High School. She was beaten
    up by a 15 year old girl. She curled up on the floor and let the kid slug
    and kick her.
    Having been raised with 3 brothers my response would have been to defend
    myself....SHe told me that if she had done that she would been arrested. She
    said that because she curled up on the floor...no one could accuse her of any
    wrong doing. (As it was the girl tried to accuse her of wrongdoing...to no
    avail. )
    My friend went to the hospital and was determined to be back at school the
    next day, no matter how bruised and bloody. She said she wasn't going to let
    them get her down. THe kid was put in "Homebound Education".....
    My friend has a lot of courage...and I wonder what kind of system we are in
    at times. We end up spending more money for a very private education for a
    kid that will do it again....and again....The kids should have been locked up.
    Laurie

    ---