Re: another shooting

From: Wendy Manning (wmanning)
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 10:08:20 PDT

    Maggie White wrote:
    Teri Mason wrote:> Me, too. Why wasn't that teacher able to protect
    him/herself? If> he/she were also armed, the student would not have even
    considered> bringing a gun to school.
    This attitude makes me sick to my stomach. When trained police officers
    canoverreact and gun down unarmed people, can you imagine vigilante
    _teachers_blazing away at a student in the hallway?Maggie.

    Hmmm........teachers with guns...............Where would we keep these loaded
    guns? In our desk drawer? Coat pocket? In a holster?
    I find this verrrry scary.
          Wendy

    ---