Re: another shooting

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Sun May 28 2000 - 05:34:05 PDT

    In a message dated 5/28/00 4:02:11 AM Central Daylight Time, rojul

    << It must be time to really work on
     getting the rate of violence down so children and teachers are safe and I
     personally donŽt think youŽll do this with guns.
     Best regards from the far north,
     Rosa >>

    Rosa - I attend discipline meeting after discipline workshop and try to learn
    the best and newest methods of dealing with troubled kids and descalating
    in the classroom. I;m sure the majority of the artsednet teachers do even
    than I do in trying to find the answers. Please share what works in your
    what do you do for your troubled kids and do you have parent cooperation. In
    my rural school parents are allowed to refuse that their "special needs" kids
    be tested - some
    say "I was a special ed. kid and I won;t let my child be one too" this even
    when the
    child hates school, is failing and disruptive. So what do you see different
    in your
    countries approach and ours. Are we too permissive - that is my first

    Thanks Roberta