Re: sketchbooks/what kind?

From: Debbie Nicholas (deeknik)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 20:33:34 PDT

    --- John Kupcinski <jckup> wrote:
    > Does your school provide sketchbooks, or do students
    > buy their own?
    > If provided -- what kind/brand/quality (of paper) do
    > you purchase?

    I teach in a very small rural NE Texas jr. high. The
    majority of my students have never been out of the
    county so they have never been in an art store and are
    always truely amazed when I bring out a new art
    supply.
    I have purchased a binding machine and a ream of
    24" X 36" white drawing paper. I will cut the paper
    into pages and use poster boards for the covers to
    create sketch books for next year. I gave these to
    some students this year and they really enjoyed them.
    This way we can add pages and also rearrange if
    necessary.

    =====
    Debbie
    NE Texas