RE: strange and discourteous e-mail

From: Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 19:31:03 PDT

    I agree this person was discourteous. He/she has probably been lurking and
    gathering our e-mail addresses. I don't think they can be gathered of the
    Getty site, unless they were grabbed from our backup listserve at onelist.
    The e-mail was large and tied up my phone line for 5 - 10 minutes. (I'm in
    West Texas with old phone lines no DSL yet) It came through as HTML e-mail
    for me. I think that it depends on your e-mail program how it was received
    as HTML e-mail or a web page attachment. Either way it was SPAM and for that
    reason alone I will not visit the web site. I immediately added the address
    to my junk mail filter.

    Kimberly Herbert (kimberly)
    CAM Administrator