Re: another shooting

From: Felsecker (felsecker)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 19:35:52 PDT

    Yesterday, at the end of sixth hour, our h.s. students were instructed to
    leave the building by the front entrance because of an incident at a nearby
    apartment complex. Traffic from the back parking lot was rerouted to the
    front. A nearby elementary school, which dismisses about a half hour after
    the h.s., sent its students to our school in order for the children to be
    picked up by those buses and parents. The saddest thing about the whole
    incident was that it involved a student I had had in one of my art classes
    last year who was shot and killed in her apartment by her boyfriend while
    her little two year old son (son of this girl and her boyfriend) watched.
    Minutes later, the boyfriend shot himself and later died at a hospital. This
    was a beautiful, vibrant, young 20-year old woman who loved her son and was
    trying to turn her life around. My heart aches for her family.
    BF