RE: another shooting

From: Lawrence A. Parker (occti)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 15:10:26 PDT

    > Irresponsible adults.
    > Whether we are pro-gun or against guns, the adult who keep these
    > guns on the bureau or kitchen table are just as responsible for
    > the killing of innocents as the child who shot the gun.
    > Can we agree on this issue?
    > Jill (BT)

    I am in complete agreement with you on this, Jill. If we hold bartenders
    responsible for giving a patron "one too many" drinks and then causing an
    accident, I don't see why we can't hold parents or other adults responsible
    for allowing a child, who commits a violent crime, to gain possession of the
    weapon used.

    Perhaps then these parents or other adults will have second thoughts about
    being more responsible.

    It is sad that we should have to legislate something like this, but almost
    all laws are to ensure adherence and responsibility when individuals do not
    take the responsibility themselves.

    Larry

    ---