Re: Ny teaching

From: San D Hasselman (kprs)
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 11:52:58 PDT

    I agree with the New Jersey suggestion. I teach in New Jersey, and we are on the cusp of an arts explosion due
    to the newly adapted Core Curriculum standards. Also New Jersey has a strong Art Educators organization which
    help spearhead these standards. As for retirements...within the next 5 years you will see an exodus. We baby
    boomers are done! We have given it our best, and now we want to move on. Generally speaking, I don't imagine
    the baby boomer generation will stay at teaching more than 30 years...we still feel young enough to start
    something new! And, we are close to NYC!
    I DO hear advertisements by the Union leader in NYC saying that they will be needing teachers next year, so get
    the New York Times and check out the Education section on Sundays for jobs.

    San D

    ---