Carb-Othello pencils for marbleizing

From: gregjuli
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 11:44:52 PDT

    They are like a cross between a pastel and colored pencil. They are water-
    soluble , but still work for marbleizing. The company is a German one and I
    can't remember the name. They are in the Sax catalog in the ( I think?) pastel
    section (Help Judy!).
    I was introduced to them on a field trip to an art store wher they were doing a
    demo. The kids and I just loved them. they do not require a fixative or not smear
    like chalk can.
    So easy to use, but a bit pricey. I've already ordered more for next year. If I
    run out of them before the end of the year I just will use a different method for
    the surface design of the paper for printing.
    MaryB

    > << Carb- Otherllo pencils for class marbleing >>
    >
    > What is this product?

    ---