Re: bullet proof vests - another shooting

From: Rdunkelart
Date: Sat May 27 2000 - 10:52:59 PDT

    In a message dated 5/27/00 11:30:16 AM Central Daylight Time,
    terily writes:

    << Me, too. Why wasn't that teacher able to protect him/herself? If
     he/she were also armed, the student would not have even considered
     bringing a gun to school. >>

    This latest incident caused me to wonder if we shouldn;t add bullet proof
    vests to
    our "dress code". I teach in a small rural town and these last fourth grade
    boys
    (at least a dozen) are the type that only resolve problems with violence - a
    gun
    would be so natural for them - no forethought needed - they are big hunters
    so
    guns are quite prevalent. Very scary. So happy to have tenure now but----
    Roberta

    ---